Get the glimps :

Hear my story episode 3

Daddy did not give me money that day. He was so crossed with me, it was mummy that gave me transport fare and a stipend which I managed till January allowance was paid. Thank God for the foodstuff I took with me from home, I would have learnt a bitter lesson from hunger.

On getting back to Oyan, Bode was still around because there was No money for him to return to school. I told him what I went through because of him, and even then, I wasn't sure if my dad would send me money again as usual. I couldn't give him money. He felt sorry for me, and told me he would source for money elsewhere. I didn't know how he did it, but he went back to school the following week.

Soon there was a rumour among the choir members that something was going on between Bode and me. Before I knew it, it became viral among church members.

One Sunday morning, Pastor Mrs. Williams sent somebody to tell me she would like to see me after service. I wasn't myself throughout the service. I kept thinking "what did I do? Why does she want to see me?"....Anyway, I said to myself, "if it's because of Bode, there's nothing between us, and that is just what I will tell her....Period!."

I didn't hear anything in church that day; I was already devastated by the rumour going on, and this? Finally, the service was over. I found myself sitting next to Pastor Mrs. Williams on a three-seater sofa inside the pastor's office.

Good afternoon ma. How are you my dear?. I'm fine ma. "I know you would be wondering why I wanted to see you'', said Mrs. Williams.
"Yes ma". I answered.
She continued, ''It's about a rumour going on in the church. Can you please shed more light on the relationship between you and Bode?''.

"Ma, Bode is like a younger brother to me, nothing more. Believe me ma. I only render assistance to him whenever he's in need and that has even stopped now." I told her.

Anyway, I've denied it on your behalf. I only wanted to confirm from you, because the very first day I set my eyes on you, I knew you came from a Christian home, and I have no doubt in my spirit that you are well trained..,, but then, I want you to be very careful because there is power in tongues. Don't give the devil any chance at all, and don't trust yourself. If you see or hear a child of God saying, “I trust myself, I can never commit sin then, you have heard or seen someone at the verge of falling. So, please, be very careful and the Lord shall help you in Jesus name.

I said "Thank you ma", and left the office. As I was going home, I was telling myself "Now, I really need to be very careful. Though there was nothing between us really, but how could anybody think I could be dating a boy about the same age with Oyindamola, the second to the last born in my family? Not even the one next to me? Well, I just need to be careful!”
Hear my story episode 3 Hear my story episode 3 Reviewed by Unknown on 4:54:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Advertisement

...