Get the glimps :

An eagle in the turkey yard

There is a story about a little eagle that fell out of its nest and landed in a turkey farm. The eagle grew up among the turkeys and, although he looked a bit different, he learned to waddle like a turkey, bob his head like a turkey, and act like a turkey.

One day the young eagle looked up into the sky and saw a beautiful eagle soaring above. The little eagle in the turkey yard thought, Oh, I would love to be able to do that! As the eagle soared overhead, it looked down and saw the young eagle below. Suddenly it swooped down to the ground and asked, "What are you doing here?"
The little eagle replied, "I am just here in the turkey yard where I have always been."

The great eagle looked and said, "Spread your wings, You do just what I do. Follow me." Then he flapped his wings and lifted off the ground.

The young eagle tried it, too. "Wheeee! This is great, I can fly!"

"See," the mature eagle said, "you have been living among these turkeys so long that you were beginning to believe you were something you are not! Follow me, and you will find out what you really are."

So the little eagle began to soar and fly. He loved it. But the turkeys down below called out to him and said, "Hey, little turkey, what are you doing up there? You belong down here."

"No, I don't," said the young eagle. "I used to belong there, but now I am what I was created to be. I do not belong with you anymore."
 Now I can fly.

Friends you too can fly. All you need to start is a change of mentality. You too can fly, you can soar higher, you can mount up with wings as eagle. Spread your wings and fly, for you are an eagle not a turkey.

Do you believe you can fly? As for me, I believe I can fly.

Share with friends...
An eagle in the turkey yard An eagle in the turkey yard Reviewed by Unknown on 2:55:00 PM Rating: 5

Advertisement

...